By 1907, Rolls-Royce purchased the C.S Rolls & Co and the non-motor interests of the Royce Ltd were being operated separately. That same year, Henry Royce manufactured the six-cylinder Silver Ghost, which was a super smooth car of great repute. The car simply broke the mould for attention to detail, craftsmanship, and engineering, thus allowing it to earn the moniker of ‘The Best Car in the World’.
By 1914, the company’s interests from automobiles shifted to aero engines due to the First World War. Therefore, Rolls-Royce produced the ‘Eagle Engine’ which powered the first flight from England to Australia and the first direct transatlantic flight. In 1921, the company purchased a second factory, where it operated for more than 10 years, eventually closing down in 1931.
A few years later the company introduced the Phantom II which came equipped with a much-improved chassis and a fuel-efficient but incredibly powerful engine. It did 92.3 mph and 0 to 60 in just 19.4 seconds. By the end of the 30s, the Phantom III was introduced, which came equipped with the first V12 engine.