Today, Land Rover Limited is currently under control of Tata Motors. As of 2012, the company signed an agreement with Ford Motor Company. This agreement stated that Tata Motors has the right to buy engines from Ford until 2019. Therefore, the latest models of Land Rovers are powered by Ford Engines and the company is building a $559 million assembly plant in British West Midlands.
- Since the military had surplus supplies of aircraft cockpit paint after the war, the earliest Land Rover vehicles were only available in various shades of light green.
- According to a few rumors, early advertisements for Land Rovers bragged that the vehicles could be driven on banana oil.
- In its early years, Land Rovers were constructed from Birmabright (an alloy of magnesium and aluminum), which was used due to postwar steel shortage. This alloy helped Land Rover build a reputation for being incredibly long-lasting, even in the worse driving conditions.
LIST OF ALL CURRENT LAND ROVER CAR MODELS
- 2015 Land Rover LR2
- 2014 Land Rover LR4
- 2015 Land Rover Discovery
- 2015 Land Rover Defender
- 2015 Land Rover Freelander
- 2015 Land Rover Range Rover
- 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- 2015 Land Rover New Discovery Sport
Please note that although the brand ‘Land Rover’ was originated in 1948, it has existed as an independent company only since 1978. As you can see from the Land Rover history, it was only a product line of the Rover Company before independence.